Monday, November 19, 2012

Mini Deep Dish Fruit Pizzas!




Have you ever had a craving for fresh fruit pizza, but the thought of making the crust, and frosting the entire thing without it falling apart into a pile of crumbs make you cringe?   Well my friends, then this recipe is for you!   

If you can even call it a recipe.  It's SO simple.  All you do is grab a roll of Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough, cream cheese, cool whip, and whatever fruits your little heart desires.

Pull little chunks off the dough and roll into a ball, about 3/4 inch.  Sorry, I forgot to take pictures of the whole process.  Anyways, drop your cookie balls into a mini muffin pan.  Bake at 350 for about 7 mins.   Don't leave them in too long.  While they're in the oven they should puff up, and then slowly drop down.   Sometimes they wont drop down until after you take them out of the oven and let them cool.   The first time I did this, I thought they weren't going to drop, so I left them in the oven longer, and then they got too brown and crunchy for my liking.   I promise they'll fall, just take them out and let them sit.   Once they've sat for a couple minutes, they should just pop right out of the pan.

For the frosting, just whip 1 block of cream cheese with 1 large tub of cool whip.  Ta-Da!! Yummo!!!   I put my frosting in a piping bag with a large round tip and just squeeze a dollop in each cookie cup.  Then just place your fruits on top and WAH-LAH!  Deliciousness!  And so pretty, trust me everyone loves them.  

One package of cookie dough makes about 48 pizzas.  I made these for a picnic party with about 14 people, and every single pizza was eaten.   I will warn though, once they sit out for a while and the cookie warms up, they will get kind of melty, or pliable... but it doesn't make them any less delicious!



Recipe 

1 roll Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
1 8oz block cream cheese
1 large tub Cool Whip
Any fruit you want 
( I used blueberries, blackberries, kiwi, and strawberries)


Rolls pieces of dough into 3/4 inch balls, bake in a mini muffin pan @ 350 for about 7 mins.  Let cool for 2 mins, pop out of the pan.

Mix cream cheese and Cool Whip with electric mixer, fill cookie cups with frosting.

Top with your choice of fruits and ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment